Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 12

Have you ever looked up the "Memorable Quotes" from 500 Days of Summer on IMDB? I don't know why you would, but if you have, then I bet you will agree with me when I say that they are some of the most boring quotes I've ever read. My favorite:

Tom: My name's Tom.
Girl at Interview: [shaking hands] Nice to meet you. I'm Autumn.

...how is this at all a "Memorable Quote?" Yes, it is memorable as far of scenes of this movie go that Tom meets a new girl named Autumn, but when I'm looking through "Memorable Quotes," I'm looking for truly profound material that sticks with me, even out of the context of the film. This list of quotes is basically just the screenplay for the movie. Another of my favorites:

Tom: [the girl at the job interview agrees to meet Tom for coffee afterward] We'll figure it out. My name's Tom.
Girl at Interview: [Last lines of the film] Nice to meet you.
[Shakes his hand]
Girl at Interview: I'm Autumn.
[Tom looks at the camera in amazement. Film cuts to a title card with a "1" indicating the first day of Tom's relationship with Autumn]

Somebody thought this quote was SO good that it needed to be re-transcribed to include even more significant details. Super necessary! I'm definitely going to need to update this quotes page though, because it doesn't even include the part where Tom says how he and Summer can talk about Bananafish for hours, which is super crucial. Updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment