Monday, November 7, 2011

Days 1-5

So the other day I was laying in bed, watching 500 Days of Summer, moping about my recent break up, as I have done every day for the past four days, and I began to wonder: how many viewings of 500 Days of Summer is it going to take me to get over this break-up? Is watching Joseph Gordon-Levitt get his heart torn out actually helping me heal mine, or is it just a useless distraction and waste of my time? Rather than wean myself off of the movie, I've decided to do the opposite: I will watch 500 Days of Summer every day for 500 days, and if I'm not over my ex by then, then I suppose I will conclude that this method is flawed.

Now for a short re-cap of days 1-5:
Day 1: The day of the break-up. I came home, vented to my housemates for about an hour, and then settled in for a heart-wrenching viewing of one of my three favorite break-up movies of all time. I gained solace from the similarities between my situation and Jo-Go's and drifted off to sleep.

Day 2: Watched 500 Days in the background while I began an epic hunt to find a job that does not involve me working alongside my ex-boo. Considered looking into applying at a greeting card company.

Day 3: Woke up on the couch at 4am, realized that I had fallen asleep there while watching 500 Days, slumped off to my room, resumed watching.

Day 4: Watched 500 Days while attempting to clean my room/organize my life, but ended up getting hypnotized by Jo-Go's twinkly gaze and getting nothing done.

Day 5: Came home inebriated at 3am, immediately pressed play, passed out somewhere around the break-up scene.

I think that about brings us up to speed. I hope you all are as excited to hear about my journey as I am to see Zooey and Jo-Go's copy room make-out scene every day for the next year and a half! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment