Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 9

So I've decided that from now on, Fridays are going to be "Funkayyyy Fridays!," where I'll focus on one song from 500 Days and tear it to shreds. Doesn't that sound like fun? I thought so. For today I've chosen a song from one of my favorite musical scenes, in which Tom strategically plays "Please, please, please let me get what I want" by The Smiths to try to get Summer to notice him.
classy pose, Jo-Go
I think all the disgustingly hopeless romantics in the audience can sympathize with this pathetic move. Everything about it, from Morrisey's tear-jerker lyrics to Jo-Go's eager body language, is just flooded with sappiness, yet if placed in the same position I feel like I would do exactly the same thing, so as painful as it is to watch, I really can't blame the guy. It is so crazy to want someone so bad and to be constantly thinking of ways to bring them closer to you, when meanwhile they aren't thinking of you in the slightest.

In this song, Morrisey's all "Wahh, please love me, no one ever loves me, my life is so saddd." So pathetic, right? But that is exactly what it's like when you're in that place! As ridiculous as I think his lyrics are sometimes, he does hit that point where you feel so lost and lonely and like things can't possibly get any more depressing head-on. I never knew my sappy feelings could sound so good until I heard them come out of Morrisey's mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment