Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 24

Today I read J.D. Salinger's short story "A Perfect Day for Bananafish," and have come to the conclusion that this short story is most likely not what J-Levitt was referring to, though it was a really amazing story. It circles around a woman, her troubled boyfriend, and a little girl. I don't know how well this story parallels or relates to 500 Days of Summer at all, which is why I don't think it is what the "bananafish" in the movie refers to, but it is a really wonderful account of a person not fitting in and becoming terribly disenchanted with the world. I don't think I will ever be as jaded as this guy, but I can definitely see where he's coming from. Sometimes it's hard when the only person who will talk about bananafish with you is a little girl who runs away from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment